Builders Mutual Insurance is a leading provider of insurance solutions for builders and contractors. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, they understand the unique risks and challenges faced by builders in today’s market. Whether you are a small contractor or a large construction company, Builders Mutual Insurance offers a range of coverage options to meet your specific needs.
Why Choose Builders Mutual Insurance?
1. Specialized Expertise: Builders Mutual Insurance focuses solely on the construction industry, allowing them to provide tailored solutions and expert guidance to their clients.
2. Comprehensive Coverage: They offer a wide range of insurance products, including general liability, property, workers’ compensation, and builder’s risk insurance. This ensures that builders have all the necessary coverage to protect their business and assets.
3. Financial Security: Builders Mutual Insurance has a strong financial standing, providing builders with peace of mind knowing that their claims will be handled promptly and fairly.
What Does Builders Mutual Insurance Cover?
Builders Mutual Insurance offers a comprehensive range of coverage options to protect builders and contractors. Some of the key coverage areas include:
1. General Liability Insurance
This coverage protects builders against claims of bodily injury or property damage caused by their work. It also covers the legal fees associated with defending against such claims.
2. Property Insurance
Property insurance covers the builder’s physical assets, including buildings, equipment, and tools, against risks such as fire, theft, and vandalism.
3. Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Workers’ compensation insurance provides coverage for medical expenses and lost wages in the event that a worker is injured on the job. It also protects builders from lawsuits related to workplace injuries.
4. Builder’s Risk Insurance
Builder’s risk insurance covers the builder’s materials, equipment, and the structure itself during the construction phase. It protects against risks such as fire, theft, vandalism, and weather-related damage.
1. What is the minimum coverage required for builders?
Builders are typically required to have general liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance. The specific coverage requirements may vary depending on the state and the size of the project.
2. Can builders add additional coverage to their policy?
Yes, builders can customize their insurance policy to include additional coverage options such as commercial auto insurance, umbrella insurance, and pollution liability insurance.
3. How are insurance premiums calculated?
Insurance premiums are calculated based on several factors, including the type and size of the construction project, the builder’s previous claims history, and the level of risk associated with the builder’s operations.
4. What should builders do in the event of a claim?
In the event of a claim, builders should notify Builders Mutual Insurance as soon as possible. They should provide all the necessary documentation and cooperate fully with the claims process to ensure a prompt resolution.
5. Can builders switch insurance providers?
Yes, builders have the option to switch insurance providers if they find a better coverage or better rates. However, it is important to review the terms and conditions of the existing policy and consider any potential cancellation fees before making a switch.